Cheyenne’s #1 year ’round cultural tourism attraction
Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum
Founded in 1978, the Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to educating the community about the history and culture of Cheyenne Frontier Days from the event’s earliest inspiration to its present celebration.
The Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum is one of the region’s premier year-round cultural attractions. Major events, exhibitions and activities include:
- Origins and history of Cheyenne Frontier Days
- Cheyenne Frontier Days Hall of Fame
- One of the nation’s largest collections of carriages
- Cultural and educational programs
- Museum research center
- Western art and folk art shows
- Visiting exhibitions
- Historic clothing and artifact collections
- Annual gala fundraiser – The Carriage Ball
- Special members only events
- Annual children’s events including Kids Cowboy Festival
The Cheyenne Frontier Days Old West Museum depends on individual and corporate funding for all programs and services, and for maintenance of permanent collections. Private support is essential to the museum’s mission of acquiring, preserving and interpreting the art and material culture of the American West, and critical to the museum’s ability to offer year-round educational, cultural and children’s programs.